Internship Programme: Georgia
Georgia is one of the most ancient countries in the world with a long and proud history. For centuries, this small country has struggled for survival between the crushing influence of major power and neighboring and distant Empires. Despite these seemingly insurmountable challenges, Georgia has managed to survive and return to the path of European culture and values. Georgia is situated on the crossroads of Europe and Asia, bordering the Black Sea and lying between Turkey and Russia.
No experience necessary, 24/7 in-country support, accommodation in host families, and a monthly stipend. Georgia is a great place to begin your TEFL journey!
Start dates: Must be available to arrive in Georgia mid August or beginning of January
Internship length: 4 / 10 months
- Native English speaker from: UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Canada, South Africa.
- Be aged over 18
- No Degree required. Two years of post secondary education.
- You must hold a full police check from your home country
- Medical Test Clearance – HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Tuberculosis, drugs
- 150 hours of TEFL training – completed before your arrival in Georgia.
* If you do not meet these requirements you are unfortunately not eligible to participate in the Internship Programme. For further details and information, please contact the internship organiser directly.
- You don't need to be able to speak Georgian.
- You do not need previous teaching experience.
If you meet the above requirements and are available to arrive in Georgia on or before the start dates then apply directly to the internship organizer below:
Company: Teach & Learn with Georgia, Ministry of Education and Science Georgia
Contact Person: Mariam Kobrava
T: +995 551 081308
Online Application: www.tlg.gov.ge/content.php?id=84&lang=eng
Pease note that as with any internship program, there's no guarantee that you'll be accepted, as the organizers / local schools are the decision makers.
Citizens of many countries do not need a visa to arrive and stay in Georgia for up to 360 days. Therefore, all applicants who arrive to Georgia will get a free stamp in Tbilisi International Airport that gives them an opportunity to live/work in Georgia for 360 days. There is no letter of employment required.
- 24/7 in-country support - a supported 4 / 10 -month teaching internship in Georgia
- Paid Flights. Your flights are paid for by our Georgia Partners. Once you are accepted to the program you must provide us with the two most convenient departure airports and we will book your flight from one of the two. Most of the time, flights depart two days before your intended start date. For example, if you are scheduled for a September 16th start date, your flight will most likely depart in the middle of August. Once you arrive in Georgia, you will attend a two week long training programme before you start teaching in local schools. Flight information typically comes the week of your departure and will be forwarded to you via email. TLG will not pay for the costs of checking additional baggage or any additional expenses associated with your travel to Georgia. You are responsible for getting yourself to your departure airport(s).
- A monthly stipend of 750 GEL. * After taxes, the net amount directly deposited into your personal bank account amounts to 600 GEL. From this stipend, you have to give your host family 200 GEL each month to cover basic costs that are incurred such as food and utilities.
- Housing and Living Accommodations with a Host Family
- The opportunity to extend your contract
- Induction Programme (2 weeks)
- Health Insurance included
- Mobile phone on the TLG Corporate Network
- Pick up from the airport when you arrive in Georgia
- In-country transfers
- Our Georgian Partner offers positions throughout Georgian public schools.
- The schedule will be determined by the school principal. There is only one intern per school. Interns are to create interactive activities with a specific focus on listening and speaking skills. Many interns organize extracurricular activities based on their personal interests and the needs of the schools
- At home, interns are expected to provide their host families with 3 hours of English lessons each week. Interns participate in cultural exchange activities with their host families and integrate with the local communities
- Type of school: Government Schools - Primary grades (1-6)
- Class size: average of 20 students
- Days worked: M-F
- Hours worked: maximum of 30 Hours per Week. These hours include planning time, either alone or with a local English teacher. Each intern will be paired with up to three Local English Teachers.
- Time worked: 8:30am - 5:00pm