Internship Programme: Turkey
Turkey has an amazing richness of flora and fauna. Istanbul is the only city in the world which straddles two continents. The famous Trojan Wars took place in Western Turkey near the site where the Trojan horse rests today. Make Turkish bread part of your diet – no Turkish meal will be complete without it. Drink raki, a clear strong spirit infused with aniseed. Haggle your way to a bargain in the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul. Float over the spectacular landscape of Cappadocia in a hot-air balloon.
No experience necessary, 24/7 in-country support, free accommodation, and a monthly salary. Turkey is a great place to begin your TEFL journey!
Start dates: Must be available to arrive in Turkey at beginning of September
Internship length: 10 months
- Native English speaker from: UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, Canada, South Africa.
- Be aged between 18 and 59
- University Degree required
- You must hold a full police check from your home country
- 150 hours of TEFL training – completed before your arrival in Turkey.
If you do not meet these requirements you are unfortunately not eligible to participate in the Internship Programme. For further details and information, please contact the internship organiser directly.
- You don't need to be able to speak Turkish.
- You do not need previous teaching experience.
If you meet the above requirements and are available to arrive in Turkey on or before the start dates then apply directly to the internship organizer below:
Company: Teach to Travel (UK)
Contact Person: Geoffrey Thomas
T: +44 (0) 2072475820
Pease note that as with any internship program, there's no guarantee that you'll be accepted, as the organizers / local schools are the decision makers.
The visa process will be handled by our Partners in Turkey. You will need to provide the following documentation:
- Your Degree Diploma
- Your teaching qualification
- A background check
- Your passport
You will have your Residency Permit applied for before you arrive in Turkey, however, you will need to pick it up from the bureau in Turkey within 90 days of your arrival. You will need to get a tourist visa at the Turkish airport when you arrive. You will pick up your residency permit after this.
- 24/7 in-country support - a supported 10 -month teaching internship in Turkey
- Accommodation allowance (included in you salary). Accommodation can be provided through an independent agent, and we can assist you in finding it. The full cost of accommodation is 500-650 TL per month. This does not include bills, which cost 100 TL per month (approximately), depending on gas, electric and water usage. We have an employee in Istanbul who can assist you with your search for accommodation, or you can use suggested websites and estate agents. Either way, you will have something set up for when you arrive in Istanbul. This accommodation will be shared with either 2-4 other teachers who are also teaching under the same program. The location of the accommodation is chosen based on experience of what teachers prefer. Normally this would consist of accommodation close to the westernized areas of Istanbul, in particular Taksim square, near the center of Istanbul.
- A 2150 TL monthly salary
- The opportunity to extend your contract
- Induction Programme (1 week)
- Health Insurance included
- Pick up from the airport when you arrive in Turkey
- In-country transfers
- Full work visa provided
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation. Accommodation can be provided through an independent agent, and we can assist you in finding it. The full cost of accommodation is 500-650 TL per month. This does not include bills, which cost 100 TL per month (approximately), depending on gas, electric and water usage. We have an employee in Istanbul who can assist you with your search for accommodation, or you can use suggested websites and estate agents. Either way, you will have something set up for when you arrive in Istanbul.
- Our Turkey Partner offers positions based in and around Istanbul, and on both the European and Asian side of the Bosphorus. The positions themselves are in well funded private schools, catering for Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary positions. Positions also exist in Ankara, the capital of Turkey.
- Type of school: Private Schools
- Class size: 20 – 25
- Days worked: M-F
- Hours worked: 25 Contact Hours per Week
- Time worked: 8:30am - 5:00pm